Designed by Marianne Isager. English language printed pattern.
The Hokkaido Jacket is a great Fall knit for winter weather. Marianne designed this simple jacket for “Keitodama,” a Japanese knitting magazine. It has become very popular in Japan. The jacket is knitted in Tvinni or Highland Wool with Alpaca 2 using a simple diagonal pattern. It is knitted from the bottom up, with raglan shaping and a simple edge and collar. It can be closed in different ways — we suggest a beautiful brooch or safety pin. This is an easy knit for the experienced and only a slight challenge for the beginner.
- Chest 36 (43, 50)”.
- Length 20 (21, 21½)”.
- Sleeve Length 14 (14, 14)”.
ALTERNATIVE COLOR SUGGESTIONS:
- Isager Highland color Sky + Isager Alpaca 2 color Sky.
- Isager Highland color Rose + Isager Alpaca 2 color Peach.
- Isager Highland color Moss + Isager Alpaca 2 color Thyme.
- Isager Tvinni Color #100 + Isager Alpaa 2 color Midnight.
- Long circular US 6 (4 mm) for body and yoke.
- Straight or circular US 6 (4mm) for sleeves.
- 18 sts and 28 rows = 4” in rib pattern